Monday, January 26, 2009

Well it is confirmed 100%


I recieved my postcard offically stating that Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion has ceased publication. Of course the postcard also states that I am currently recieving Martha Stewart Living which I am not. I have in the past but I am just not feeling it for Martha anymore. With Home Companion I loved the artist features and the everyday joe-types showing us how they decorate. I will truly miss this magazine. I always felt like anyone of my artsy friends could of been in that mag. In fact the last issue featured Penelope Dullaghan, artists and designers on our radar. She is a native Hoosier that once worked in the Ad agency down the block from the little shop I owned and frequently stopped in and visited with me. She has gone on to do great things http://www.illustrationfriday.com/ In the article there is a photo collage of the Mass Ave area even showing the grocery store where I shop at on a sometimes aily basis. Oh well enough. Something great will take its place. Does anyone remember when Mary Emmerling had a magazine? I was so sad when that one ended too. I felt it was way before it's time. Sniff Sniff. So I will end this BLOG posting with wonderful photo of another piece of Robbie's collection. About the photo: These are wonderful dolls by Rosemary Huff who is from KY and the last I heard she stopped making them to sell. She got a day job. Boo Hoo. I do have one. I will show her later.

2 comments:

Lori McDonough said...

I got my postcard, too :-( I'm with you about Martha...i just don't feel like she's one of us. I LOVED how every issue of HC showed artist studios and real life decorating. Being featured like Penelope was one of my dreams on my dream board. Maybe when the economy rebounds, HC will come back. Fingers crossed!

Samantha said...

I love these dolls super cute.