Saturday, January 10, 2009

Magazines....I love them. I have them. I want them.

Just got my Country Home in the MAIL today. There is a bunch of great colors, blues and pinks. Also, yummy recipes for Chicken and Noodles etc. My Country Home seems smaller to me. I thought I should blog about the ending of COTTAGE LIVING magazine. So, sad. I really enjoyed it. I even heard that HOME COMPANION was ending. I do not have confirmation about this just something I heard. I was also very surprised to find that most of the Somerset magazines are now $14.99. I do love them and hope to be in one this year. That is one of my things to do this year: Submit work for the Challenges in Somerset Life.

I love this! I have a dresser that needs to be painted PINK!

4 comments:

Lori McDonough said...

I am a magazine addict, too...keep them all and bookmark them...pLEASE say it aint so that HOME COMPANION is ending....it is my absolute fave.

indybev said...

Watch the Sunday paper for 40% or 50% coupons at JoAnns, and get your Somerset's at greatly reduced price. They're also availale on E-Bay, I just discovered! I have a trunk full of Country Living and Country Home magazines I can't bear to throw away!

Heather said...

Girl, I hear you on this! I used to save my Michaels 40% off coupons to buy the Somerset mags, and then the store stopped allowing that :P
I am crushed about Cottage Living and the Home Companion. I know that magazine is going out because they've told their advertisers (one of whom I know) that they arent continuing.
I've been sad about it, but I'm checking out a mag called MaryJane's Farm. Its about finding your inner country girl...should be good!
From one addict to another---
have a great day!~
H

Ms. Beth Williams said...

i love this one...and it's too bad it's the last. another one bites the dust. i have a side table i want to paint pink after flipping through the pages. i am loving your work...just found it on etsy.