Tuesday, March 31, 2009

re: Last Saturday at Art Cafe Saturday

I am all about supporting local businesses and Jeff at JS Reutz Cafe graciously let us use his cafe to sell our wares Saturday. I think it is a good way to connect with other artists and have a good lunch at the same time. Our next event is Saturday June 27th. We are hoping to fill the entire cafe with artists so if you know of an artist please respond to this blog posting. Of course I was the one behind the camera and didn't take a photo of myself. Oh well... This is Candice McDonald, Illustrator. Her website is http://www.cordialkitten.com/ Her work is oh so sweet, like she is.
Old neighbors from Cottage Home where I just moved from having some lunch. It was good to see Dawn and Rob. Thanks for coming!

Mary O'Neil makes beaded jewelry and book makers. She uses many varied materials from rolled paper beads to charms and more. For more info contact me and I will forward on her info. Allison Ford makes these great wooden rings, earring, pendants etc. Her website is www.studioamf.com She is also part of the Indy Craft Mafia.

Lindsey Lord is a fairly new Crafter and is making these very nice pleated bags. I traded some rings for a nice gray jersey scarf. Her wesbite is www.wix.com/lindseylord/designs

Mike Altman the master of all things Cardboard. Check out his site www.mikealtman.com

My friends from Cottage Home Barb and Maribeth. Mary Jane is in the background. I love that they came out for the first Art Cafe Saturday. This is an event that we will hopefully build on. We have 3 more coming up this year. The cafe did well and some of us sold stuff.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! Indianapolis seems like such a fun arty place.
One of my sweetest friends is an artist in Indianapolis. You need to get her in this! You'll love her- Merle Pace~
http://merleart.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny!
I am finally checking out your blog again after my friend Heather(who posted a comment before me)told me I had to check out your art! There is so much great art going on in Indy that I didn't know about. I live in the Broad Ripple area and have a few friends that went to Herron. I have shows at the Art Center and at the Harrsion Center. My last show was at the new Ashland gallery. I love seeing all these artist together! I never formally studied art(I went to DePauw and art wasn't really in the cards, but I met a great printmaking prof. and we became great friends and she taught me everything). I will have to check out your wall at Midland too and check back and see what you are up too!
Take care,
merle