Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ed and I were coming home from meeting his family in Avon when I remembered that they were moving a scuplture from the Indianapolis Museum of Art to IUPUI. So we parked the car and looked for it in the sky. Ed took these photos with his phone. It was crazy seeing it come in. It hovered over Herron School of Art for awhile almost like it wanted to be there with the other scupltures but then made it's way to it's perch. Other folks were there (not many though) including a reporter from Channel 6 news told us that the Museum spent $11,000- for the move of this piece. In the air!

On it's perch!

The pilot dropping the cables that they used to transport the sculpture. Not sure I will ever see this again in my lifetime. Just wanted to share.

3 comments:

hens teeth said...

It must have been fascinating to watch!

Lori McDonough said...

I saw this on the news...really cool! But i was really disappointed that they never once mentioned the artist's name. That honked me off.

Candice Hartsough said...

pretty awesome that you got to see it!