Monday, March 2, 2009

Where have all the MAGAZINES gone.....

Well, I have shared on my blog about the HOME magazines going away. I had no idea that Country Home was going away too! What is so sad to me is everytime I recieve a Southern Living or Martha Stewart Living in my mailbox. It is a downer to me. Reminds me of what I am missing. I don't live in the South, this is Indiana it is in the 20's today and it is March 2nd. I am not saying I don't want to vacation there but I really don't want to read about it all month either. Martha Stewart reminds me of GREED. Reading about all of her properties and she has goods at Kmart, Michaels, Macys etc...Good for her but, I don't want to help her buy another house. The magazines that we have lost featured artists, studios, warm and cozy houses. That is what I still want to read about.

Well. my blogger friend Heather sent me this link. http://www.maryengelbreit.com/MEHC/
It was like the ANSWER to me. I got it! It all made sense. Thanks for sending the link Heather.

I see these changes with the housing market effecting magazines. I know things are happening. VERY AWARE here. Just not sure that others are getting it. More later.

1 comment:

Lori McDonough said...

oh, sister, i hear you....martha doesn't do it for me, either. I am going to pray the economy picks up and Mary comes back...inspiration on every page! So sad to see it and others go. Thanks for the link.