Sunday, August 17, 2014

Way of LIFE

Someone I know sent me this PIN from Pinterest.  It was so sweet.  She said "I thought of you immediately! For me it's a hobby but, you are gifted at it!  Wish I had your talent!"  That was so nice of her. 
 
After I stopped attending classes at Herron School of Art at the age of 35 someone told me that being an artist is a LIFESTYLE.  I think about that a lot.  Making things, creating a home, styling a booth, etc. is a part of what I do but, it is never a job or work really.  It is a way of LIFE for me and it has been like this for a long, long time.  I think about every aspect of my creative business every day sometimes all day everyday and I LOVE it. 
 
 
 
I also feel that we artists need to connect with each other more.  To brainstorm, run ideas by each other, collaborate etc.  One thing I have been wanting to do with fellow artists is to have a mail art SWAP.  Basically: do art on an envelope and mail it to another artist. But, I wonder if there is an even more interesting way to do this or in some way to benefit someone or something.  Anybody out there have any ideas????  If you do please share in the comments and let me know if this is something you are interested in being a part of.  xo 

1 comment:

juliebird8405 said...

I love this idea Jenny. I'll put my thinking cap on. ; ) IG has helped me connect with artists and creative people. It's what I needed. So glad to know you Jenny. I look forward to meeting you one of these days.