Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Indiana State Fair

 
I love the Indiana State Fair.  I am so busy getting ready for my upcoming sale so this post will mostly be photos.   Just let me say.  I love seeing the huge pumpkins, the home and family arts entries (including mine), the animals, Pioneer Village is my favorite place there reminds me of my dad with all the tractors and vintage objects, old time music etc.  This year my Mom and I met there one day and took the architectural tour.  It was really interesting hearing about what they used the buildings for during wartime.  When buildings were added etc.  They have $2- Tuesdays during the fair where each food vendor has to offer something for $2- and those days are packed with people.  I really enjoyed a soft mini pretzel.  I didn't really eat much at the fair this year.  Trying not to be real bad anymore with food.  The fair is always something I look forward to every year.  Never disappoints.  xo
 
 
 huge skate made from cans
 




 Our nephew Heath

 HUGE! Tomato!!!!
 
 Gourds
 

 
 
 My favorite place at the fair!
 




                      Miniature Farm                  

Ed (hubs) and Heath watching the Bee show.
 



 Pioneer Village
 


 My Mom and Smokey the Bear.
 


It's a great STATE fair.  Don't miss it don't even be late! xo

No comments: