Sunday, May 17, 2009

Trip 2 hours South


(from the Steamboat Museum in Jeffersonville, IN)Friday Ed and I went to Clarksville, IN for the Libertarian Convention. I am not a big meeting person so I bowed out and took advantage of the area. Clarksville is just across the river from Louisville so Samantha and I went to explore and do as much as we could in 8 hours. We had a great time. Sam is artsy and so I knew she would love Lynn's Paradise Cafe besides the food being good they have a really fun gift shop.

My photos are not in order....Darn!


Lynn's Paradise Cafe in Louisville KY


Kizito COOKIES the only place I know where you can get a great cookie and a pair of earrings.



This is the storefront of Kizito's. Crazy that there is a house on top of the storefront. A historians nightmare!


I had to throw this in it is my Eddie Lee. I went to the Dinner at the Convention. Wayne Allen Root the past VP candidate from last year was the key note speaker for the Convention and had just finsihed up. Very energetic and fiery speech.

The backside of the Fountain in Cherokee Park....is it a Nymph?


I wish I hadn't of dropped Mytholoy in High School. Love this though...very cool!


Fabulous Column on St. James church.



Cherub on front of the church.


We went to the Steamboat Museum in Jeffersonville and had to take a picture of this toliet! Beats the kind we have now.



Scooter parked on Bardstown Road.



Toaster Horse in front of Lynn's.


Dogs swimming in the fountain.

Samantha in front of a HUGE steamboat stearing wheel. It was on the 3rd floor of this amazing house.

Steamboat Museum.

Huge stair rail in the Museum.

Beautiful white room in the Museum.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Nice pics:) Thank you for being great company this weekend, it was a blast!

hens teeth said...

I really enjoyed seeing and reading about your trip Jenny. So interesting.