Monday, November 24, 2008

Ahhhhh Thanksgiving!

This is a little HOLIDAY CUBE that I make and sell (photo is fuzzy). You flip it around from Holiday to Holiday and this side is wishing you and yours a Happy Thansgiving. The next photo is of my Horn of Plenty. Even though I am not real big on fake flowers and fruit I do think this is a sharp one. As someone who has spent the majority of my adult life working in retail we often skip Thanksgiving and jump right into the Christmases. I remember when I was making those tedious paper mache cats with Kristina and my Mom and we would have Christmas Music on in August just to get us in the mood. Well I am going to enjoy this Thanksgiving. Even though the economy is not pretty and we don't have a Norman Rockwell family I am thankful.

1. I am thankful for my Family (small and at times dysfunctional)
2. I am thankful for my husband (sickly and an absent minded professor type)
3. I am thankful for friends (troubled and not so troubled)
4. I am thankful for Lucy, my short little dog (naugty and nice)
5. I am thankful for the past and the present (good, bad and ugly)
6. I am thankful for my ability to survive most situations and come out on the other end (good, bad and ugly)
7. I am thankful that I can create and have the opportunity to do so
8. I am thankful for my health (under control)
9. I am thankful to live in a country like ours that still believes in Freedom
10. I am thankful for everyone and everything that has touched my life


No comments: