Sunday, June 13, 2010

A young visitor...my how time flies!

Ever had one of those weeks that only has a couple of things on the calendar and then all the sudden it becomes the busiest week ever. This was mine this week. Some of it I captured in pictures. What is missing is an appointment at Lens Crafters (my bi-focals are on there way) late Birthday lunch at TASTE so delicious on Monday and more.
Beautiful Soda Fountain on Washington in Columbus, Indiana. Read all about it below.

"G" and neighbor Sandy with lunch. Sandy's pretzel roll turkey sandwhich was good cause I had one too!

Original Fountain with stained glass and marble.


So after the mall I was thinking about what we should do with "G" so of course Zaharako's in Columbus, IN it has been there since October of 1900. Completely renovated a couple of years ago but very intact. Beautiful tin ceilings, music machines and everything you could want in a Soda Fountain. "G" and I both had yummy flavored cokes.

Sandy and her grand daughter "G" at Exit 76 Antique Mall in Edinburgh on Tuesday after we loaded our goodies in our booths. Sell, Sell, Sell. "G" is here for a month to stay with Nana and even I get to have fun with her. Such a good girl.



This is a scuplture by Greg Hull an Associate Professor at Herron School of Art and Design (where I went to school). Very cool hanging high in the Museum this Ball made from Patio umbrellas.


Sunday I went to the Indiana State Museum to check out an exhibit on Lincoln. An insurance company that use to be based in Ft. Wayne, Indiana has a vast collection of his pictures, campaign signs and other articles and this was on display.

No comments: