Saturday, March 14, 2015

"Riley Marie"

 What a week this has been.  My niece Katie had her baby.
 Riley Marie
3/9/2014 at 9:23am
Katie was only the second Mom to deliver at the new wing at Riley Children's Hospital.  Giving birth is not normal there.  When I went to find the waiting room that morning they told me that people don't give birth there.  I said well they are today.  They were 100% ready for this sweet little girl.  Everything went so smoothly. (I am in awe at what they can do)  She is around 8 pounds and was born with Hypo Plastic left heart syndrome.  She was immediately taken to surgery after she was born.  Dad was able to get a glance at her but Katie saw a few pictures immediately.  After surgery they met.  She will have a lifetime journey with this syndrome.  We are all hoping for the best possible outcome.  I can't tell you how many people were praying for these guys.  It makes me emotional just thinking about it.  I love these guys!  Riley will have another surgery this coming Thursday.  You can follow Katies blog at:  http://rileymarieheart.blogspot.com
 
(I am still selling my prints (see side of blog) and 100% of the proceeds go to them.  I along with my matching donor have raised over $900- so far. (thankful for you!) I also started a you caring fund.  A lot of Rileys medical billd will be covered during her first year.  I know things will be tight for them.  They are now a one income house, and they are driving constantly back and forth to the hospital.  You go through drive thru's and spend money when your life is no longer normal.  If you can do, if you can't please share. http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/riley-marie-heart-/305365  You can also follow along for updates.)
 
Being the great aunt I won't be able to see Riley until she comes home which could be some time. But, her grandma and grandpa have.  I can tell she's a fighter.  (smiles)
 
Looking forward to seeing Riley in the family pictures.  Hopefully, soon.
xo


No comments: