Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Don't take this too seriously!

I had a wonderful day today.  I enjoyed the beautiful weather, I had a delicious lunch with my husband at a new restaurant down the street from my house and I took my favorite 4 legged creature for a long walk. 
 
The following are some things that I want to vent about:
 
 Clothes::::after a season ends I am always on the hunt for a couple of new pieces for my "wardrobe".   Today as I was surfing the net  I came across this simple top with a piece of fabric sewn across the bottom.  Something that I would be interested in but not at $108-.  I just can't ever justify spending that on a t-shirt.  Clothes have been a huge disappointment lately.  Nothing last very long anymore.  Etc.  I guess I am going to have to do what this vintage button suggests.....
Every year I say I am going to re-work some of my clothes.  Maybe this year it will finally happen.
Okay next is Bethany Frankel, I heard she is going to be back on Real Housewives.  So, I confess at one point and time I really enjoyed the Real Housewives series.  I watched the OC bunch and the NY gals season after season.  I felt like early on there really were some "realness" to them.  I had hope that they were more like Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda.  But, sadly they were not.  In fact Bethany wasn't even a housewife.  Then she met and married that cute and what seemed to be down to earth, Jason and had that cute baby and then it all fell apart.  She sold booze, got a talk show and now today I hear she is going back on the RHONYC.  I'm over it. 
 
 
 Then I got the mail and received another sadly shrinking and not so exciting Thanksgiving edition of Country Living.  A magazine I have been fond of for many, many years.  WHYYYYYYYYYYY???????  Is the hand writing on the wall.  Is the end near for this publication.  I have already said goodbye to Cottage Home, Country Home and Home Companion.  It hurts deep, deep inside.  I use to dog ear these magazines they inspired me. 

 
In no way, shape or form am I a huge fan of the Neely's.  On a raining day when Ed didn't have the remote glued to the palm of his hand I would watch an episode.  I heard today that this couple has been living apart and now are divorcing.  PLEASE!  They pretended to be such a close couple on TV for over 2 years.  Makes me mad.  They aren't cooks they are actors!  hahaha!!!!!
 
xo

No comments: