Saturday, August 17, 2013

For the BIRDS - A Fair in September

 I bought this little Hoosier Style cabinet from a neighbor that is moving.  It was painted a lite green.  I painted my upstairs Cracked Pepper earlier this year and LOVE gray more than I ever thought I could.  So this little piece has been transformed!!!!   The rooster is paper that is painted from a vintage Typesetting book.  I really love how it looks now.  It will be for SALE at my sale A Fair in September....have I mentioned I am having a backyard sale (wink, wink!) 
 Close up of the door.  My friend Catherine Thursby from Red Shoes Home Goods in Ann Arbor Michigan work has inspired me to do some chickens and birds.  Check out her website:  http://www.redshoeshomegoods.com/
 
 
This is small accent table that has a paper bird collaged to the top.  I used an old piece of artwork that never sold and a table base that my favorite jewelry artist Robbie Moriarty gave me a couple of years ago.  It is amazing what paint can do $68- available in September!!!! 
 
 


No comments: