Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Farewell State Fair 2013

 
I love the Indiana State Fair.  As a child it was something that my family always went to growing up.  My Dad loved the Pioneer Village and I was a 4-H kid who sewed, painted, made posters, did recycled crafts and even entered my cat Blackie one year and got Reserve Grand Champion.  It was only natural for me to enter projects in the Open Class Division...so 3 years I got a handbook and dove in.  This year I had bitten off more than I could chew and I had hoped to enter 22 projects.  When the time came I only entered 11.  When I went to the Fair on opening day I was delighted that I got ribbons on 10 out of 11 entries including a Sweepstakes ribbon for a Mother of Pearl Bib Necklace I made.  So, it was a great year in the Button category for me.  Of course in order to keep making things I have to sell them so they will all be available to purchase at A Fair in September coming up in less than a month.   We pick up our projects the day after the fair closes and it is always a little sad....everything is closed up....2014 will be here in no time.

No comments: