Monday, October 29, 2012

Quick CHANGE

I have had this little entertainment center for over 20 years now.  I bought it when I owned my first little house and yes I was really young.  I bought my first place when I was 22 years old.  Property with a Mother in laws quarters was separated and I got myself a very little place.   I wanted a cabinet to hide my TV and SPEIGEL catalog was offering some unfinished furniture back then.  Is Spiegel even still going????
 


I stained it green orginally.  After many years I crackled it with white
paint.  I have moved it 8 times now.  Every time I think I will let it go then I decide I can't part with it.   Last week I painted it with 2 coats of BLACK chalkboard paint.  I really like how it turned out.  Now fabric storage.

 
Two coats of black chalkboard paint and then I chalked it. 
All finished and in place in my new studio.

 
Before.  I like what a can of paint can do.