Saturday, August 4, 2012

Indiana State Fair

Day one of the Indiana State Fair.....I told Ed it is like the poor man's Epcot/Magic Kingdom rolled into one.  We love it though.  Ed and I will go a couple of time and I will probably go with just my Mom and we will stroll through the Family Arts building, see the largest Sow, sit through a honey bee talk etc.  It is really HOT, HOT, HOT year in Indiana so, no close ups!

(Me) Jenny and Ed posing with a dairy cow.  oooooh  ahhhhh (anyway)


Love this sign in Pioneer Village.  Pioneer Village is my favorite place at the fair. 



Ed and I met and had a conversation with Larry the man who owns this Concert Organ. He travels 7 months out of the year to fairs. Especially since his wife passed. He is from Texas and was once a fire chief. Real nice guy. He owns 5 of these Organs. The move and play...it is really GRAND.


I did get a 1st place ribbon for my Vintage BUTTON pin, 2nd for my Vintage BUTTON pendant necklace, 3rd for my Snowman Wreath and for Ginger & Coco, my cloth doll, 4th place for the simple Vintage BUTTON bracelet.

It was fun getting everything together for a fair. I will get some prize money for these little wins, 6 tickets to get into the fair and a discounted parking pass.